11 October, 2012

Gone

Author's note: I am currently reading Gone by Micheal Grant. This is a response to that book.

As I was reading Gone, I realized it was a lot like the Hunger Games. In Gone, Everyone 15 or older disappears and the children are left to fend for themselves. As I read these books, I wondered what caused people to like Dystopian books.

At first, I thought it was all of the action that pulled readers in. After a while, I started to uncover the reason. It seems that the authors are writing as you almost were in the story. I also noticed this happens in the Maze Runner series. Once I came to this conclusion, another problem popped in my head. How do the authors crate this feeling?

It seemed you me that they used extremely great details, especially on people. This caused the felling that you knew the characters, therefore putting you in the book. Also, when some of the characters felt pain, it felt as you almost felt the pain to. This was because authors used details to make you either like or dislike certain character. Lastly, characters are around our age which is easier to relate to. It seems to me that we like Dystopia books mainly because of how the author writes.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy the fact that you are beginning to post on a regular basis. This is an appropriate response to reading for the time of year in seventh grade. As you move forward, we will need to employ strategies of literary criticism, and how to respond in a deeper, more meaningful way. For now, well done.

    ReplyDelete